Friday 28 October 2011

Blog Hop (5) and Follow Friday (3)




It has been awhile since I participated in these hops, which is sad because I really like them, but I have just been so busy lately that I don't get my post up in time, so I just don't do it! Working 2 jobs and doing 3 courses is time consuming!! haha

So, Follow Friday is hosted by both Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, so great blogs (check em out, they're linked!) With these, they also do a feature blog, and this week's are: In Which Ems Review Books and Reading in the Corner so take a peek ;)
For the question this week they have asked:

If you could have dinner with your favorite book character, who would you eat with and what would you serve?


This is kind of a no brainer for me, because I would definitely have dinner with Hogwart's favorite trio, Harry, Ron, and Hermionie! Preferably at the castle, so the food could just kind of ...show up! But, in the event I had to prepare something, I would make a roast chicken, and Yorkshire pudding with some veggies, and of course tea and banoffe pie for dessert!



Book Blogger Hop  And for the weekly Book Blogger Hop hosted by Crazy-for-Books, an equally as great blog, the question is: “What is your favorite Halloween costume?
Even if you don’t celebrate, what kinds of costumes do you like?”
Easily the best costume I  have ever had was my Ninja Turtle costume when I was about 8. My grandmother is an amazing seamstress, and she made the mother of all amazing costumes for me ever year. Here in Canada it is COLD in October, so she always made them extra warm, and I never had to ruin my costume with a coat. The ninja turtle costume had it all, I don't have a picture to post, because I don't have a scanner, but now I'm going to track one down, because you NEED to see this costume, it is amazing! I will try and get one up before the end of the weekend!

Until then, you can look at the costumes I made for us last year (hand sewed, as I do not have a sewing machine!! haha)



This is the last Book Blog question for an unknown amount of time, so I just wanted to put a small thank you for hosting to Crazy-for-Books, as this was the first meme I ever participated in, and I'm sure I have here to thank for several of my followers :)

10 comments:

  1. I've only seen the harry potter movies never read the books but my partner has the collection I must check them out!

    Look forward to seeing your Ninja turtle costume

    New follower my ff > http://readit-blogit.blogspot.com/2011/10/friday-memes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered choosing the Harry Potter characters as well! Nice FF choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hogwarts would be an awesome place for a dinner party!
    Trish - My Friday Memes 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of my older brother and sister had Ninja Turtle Halloween costumes they still talk about, so I'm sure yours was awesome!

    Nice cast, choice also!

    Haha, I really love your blog header! So funny!
    New follower :D
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great costumes, happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your Toy Story costumes look AMAZING! Great job you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked a meal at Hogwarts too! And those costumes are great - I wish I could sew!

    http://jaimeliredeslivres.blogspot.com/2011/10/follow-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make a great Jesse! Which ninja turtle were you? I always liked Donatello because of the numchucks.

    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower) (cute backdrop!)

    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-and-follow-friday-and-book_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Harry Potter, new follower, here's mine http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/10/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Harry Potter dinner guests would be awesome!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete