Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a new list topic weekly to write, and tons of other bloggers participate, and you can jump around and see what everyone else thinks! This weeks list is as follows:
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
These Books I have Read
1) The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - Ann Brashares
I went to the book store to kill time one day, and bought this book because I thought the cover was cool.
2) Chain Letter - Christopher Pike
I thought this book cover looked cool. I read it when I was relatively young, and it scared the crap out of me.
3) The Amulet of Samarkind (Book One of The Bartimaeus Trilogy) - Jonathan Stroud
I didn't buy this one, but did ask for it as a present because I thought the cover looked like a mix between Peter Pan and Harry Potter.
4) The Thing About Jane Spring - Sharon Krum
If you read my post about the price of books, then you know I'm a sales table surfer, so this one drew me in from that selection (if I had been browsing the whole store, I probably would have picked something else)
5) Chuck Duggan is AWOL - Eric Chase Anderson
This book just looks cool.
These ones I have bough, but haven't read yet:
6) Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
7) The Alphabetical Hook-Up List - Phoebe McPhee (has 3 volumes)
8) How To Be A Woman - Caitlin Morgan
9) Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
10) Bumped - Megan McCafferty