Tuesday 25 October 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays (6)




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. There is a new list topic weekly to write, and tons of other bloggers participate, and  you can jump around and see what everyone else thinks! This weeks list is as follows:


Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween
This week's list is a little bit difficult for me, as I only recently (about the last year) started to get into books about paranormal things, and since that's the only Halloween-ish genre (now I know I will read other people's fantastic lists who prove me wrong! but...) I will do my best, but probably have to include a few children's books too!


1) Goblins in the Castle - Bruce Coville
This was one of my favorite books when I was younger
Goblins in the Castle (Minstrel Book)

2) Goosebumps - R.L. Stine
These were also some of my favorite reads when I was a kid!
The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11)


3) The Twilight Sage
The book really has nothing to do with Halloween, but vampires do remind me of the season. I have had a craving to re-read these books, but instead I decided to read Midnight Sun which is on Stephenie Meyers website, and is Twilight told from Edwards POV
The Twilight Saga (Twilight, #1-4)
*as a note to people posting comments - I do not partake in "Twi-Hards" and "Twi-Haters" conversations. I like the books for what they are, and have read enough passionate reviews of both opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and positive or negative, I respect that. But please do not attack each other because you have a difference of opinion on these books, I am so over it. I cringe when people turn blog comments into something so ridiculous.


4) Bunnicula - Deborah and James Howe
Amazing books for children, I thought these were awesome, I would love to get my hands on a copy to read now and see what I think as an adult
Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery (Bunnicula, #1)


5)Sookie Stackhouse Collection - Charlaine Harris
I have only read the first 2, but the supernatural things that happen in this book makes it like Halloween everyday in Bon Temps!
Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set (Sookie Stackhouse, #1-8)


And 5 is the best I can do this week!! (I hate not being able to come up with a full 10!!) Next year, I will have tons, because I am currently getting into more paranormal stuff, and Stephen King as well!

3 comments:

  1. The Twilight Sage? How appropriate for Halloween because Edward is a sparkling vampire! lol
    Awesome picks!
    Here's my Top Ten Books to Read on Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. I STILL have nightmares from some of those Goosebumps books! Especially The Night of the Living Dummies *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Goosebumps books when I was younger! I wish I had thought to add them to my Top Ten list.

    Here's my list: http://robolobolynsuniverseofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete