Tuesday 11 October 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays (4)

Hello All! This week I decided not to participate in the top ten list for October 11th, as it is similar to one that we just did, but instead to go back and pick an interesting one from before I started my blog. I chose:


Top Ten Characters (and Literary Figures) That I'd Name My Children After


1) Charlotte from Charlotte's Web. It's currently in the running for my favorite girl name. I haven't read this book yet, but it's rather well known.

2) Landon from A Walk to Remember. I thought it was very unique when I first heard it. I don't think I would use it, because it doesn't go nicely with my last name, but it is nice.

3) Alice from Twilight/Alice in Wonderland. I love the name Alice, I don't know if I would use it, but it's pretty.

4) Rebecca from the Shopaholic series. I'm currently reading the Mini Shopaholic, and the book is on my last nerve, but I have always liked the name.

5) Lena from the Travelling Pants series. Again, I wouldn't use it because of last name issues, but it's pretty.

6) Nate, I actually took this one from Gossip Girl, but those were books first, so it still counts. I like this one a lot, but my partner doesn't, so I guess it won't happen!

7) Elizabeth or Beth from Little Women. I love this name because it's so versatile and can be shortened in many different ways.

8) Lucy from the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I love the name Lucy, it's so cute.

9) Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Charles for when they need to be sophisticated, and Charlie is so adorable!

10) Oliver from Oliver Twist. This is a cheat, because that's my dog's name, and I love him like he's my child, so I couldn't not add it to the list!!

Hope this doesn't break up the pace of this week's actual topic too much!! And to all the Canadians out there, hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! (and overall weekend to everyone else!!)


Also, if you aren't familiar with this meme, you can get all the deets over at The Broke and The Bookish!!

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful name choices.

    (I also decided to create my own Top Ten for this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie is a very sweet name indeed. I added a favorite name in my list this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! I like Landon and Charlotte best on your list :)

    ReplyDelete