Monday 17 October 2011

Weddings by Bella Trilogy - Janice Thompson

Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, #1)Swinging on a Star (Weddings by Bella, #2)It Had to Be You (Weddings by Bella, #3)

Goodreads Summaries:


Book 1: Bella Rossi's life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding-planning business, Bella quickly books a Boot-Scootin' wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch--she doesn't know a thing about country music. Where will she find a deejay on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his George Strait? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?

Fun, fresh, and full of surprises, this flavorful combination of Italian and Tex-Mex highlights the hilarity that ensues when cultures clash.
Book 2: There's a fine line between ambitious and crazy.

Bella's just not sure where it is.
Bella Rossi's life is nearing perfection. Not only does she have the perfect guy, but she's also running a successful wedding-planning business and is about to plan its most ambitious wedding yet--a Renaissance-themed fairy tale come true, complete with period costumes and foods, horse-drawn carriages, and even a castle. There's only one hitch. The best man just happens to be Hollywood's hottest and most eligible bachelor, and he's showing an interest in Bella. Oh, and did we mention he's staying at her house to avoid the paparazzi?
With all the pressure surrounding this wedding, Bella's not sure she's going to make it through. Add her starstruck sister and her feuding aunt and uncle, and you've got a recipe for disaster--and a lot of laughs.
Book 3: Bella couldn't be happier that two of her long-feuding relatives have finally admitted their love for one another and are getting married. Their forties-style wedding is sure to be a night to remember. But when the Rossi house begins to fill up with family from Italy--and an old mobster from New Jersey--life starts to get complicated. Will a friend from the past drive the happy couple apart once more? And will Bella ever have time to think of her own rapidly approaching wedding amid the chaos?

Full of humor, plenty of Italian passion, and a bit of Texas gumption, It Had to Be You will have you laughing out loud and wiping a tear from your eye.

Why I Read These Books: During a time when I didn't have anything new to read, and I had recently gotten my Kobo, I decided to check out the free books available. The first one was called "Fools Rush In" and I immediately assumed it was the book version of that movie with Matthew Perry, which I also didn't see, but assumed it was probably pretty funny. So, I downloaded this books. Turns out, it wasn't that, just a same name coincidence. This book is actually Christian Fiction, a genre that I didn't really know existed. I noticed the book did mention God a lot, but I didn't really focus on that, just figured the writer liked God a lot, fine by me. I'm not overly religious, but I'm not the anti-Christ either, so I kept reading. The book is about a girl named Bella who runs a wedding planning business, something that I would love to do (I actually have another blog about it, but I have put that dream on the back burner to pursue my MBA, but you can check it out if you are interested here). Anyway, being one to see a series through, I finished the books, and they weren't bad.
Review: This book made me not only long to get engaged, be married, but also continue working on my event planning business, and have a great big Italian family with tons of delicious food around at all times! The book did talk a lot about God, and if that is something that you would focus on (and not enjoy) then this book isn't for you. I thought it was a cute story, that made me appreciate what I have (instead of reading books about 5th avenue and feeling poor!!). They weren't overly exciting, however they were a nice read and free books are nice too! Not great, but not bad.
Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment