Sunday 23 October 2011

Just Some Life Updates

Hello All!

So, I haven't been doing much reading this week (shame, shame) but it is with good reason! I have been pretty busy. As I have said, I am working towards my MBA, and I have a test tomorrow, so I have been studying, but I have also been working on some term papers that are going to be due soon! So, school keeps me reading, but not the books I want to be! (and I'm positive a review of 'Industrial Relations in Canada' wouldn't be a riveting piece of work to any of you!)

As well, I FINALLY found a part time job to help out with my finances! I am Best Buy's newest cashier! I'm pretty pumped about it, as I am really starting to stress out that I haven't been able to pay my full credit card balance in about 3 months! So, this will get me back in the black by Christmas! What a relief!

And, even more things to full up my time instead of glorious, glorious books... I have decided to recommit myself to working on my fitness. The BF has put some really awesome gym equipment in our basement, so I have been getting in shape about 3-4 times a week. This is pretty important to me, and I have taken almost a year away from the gym (our local Nubody's was bought by Goodlife Fitness, and the atmosphere of these gyms is so negative that I cancelled my membership). I still need to get a few dumbbells that are a little more manageable for some of my exercises, but we have these awesome straps that are seriously AMAZING (I can't find a link, but will update this if I do).

So, if you're wondering why you won't/haven't seen a review in a while, this is why. I am almost finished Midnight Sun (the Twilight book from Edward's point of view, it wasn't published, but is on the authors website) and I will probably have a few comments about it, but not a lot. Other than that I am working through Little Women, and started Bel Canto by Ann Patchett the other day too. I am supposed to be participating in the Fall Into Reading challenge, but the last 2 books I read weren't even on that list, and I haven't been keeping up with the weekly questions. Maybe once I get this test out of the way, I will do a blast with the ones I have missed.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and give a quick update, I know there is a lot of read-a-thons going on right now, so if you are participating, I am SO jealous of you right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment