Wednesday 28 September 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011 Question 1

Last week I started the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by Callapidder Days (you can find the challenge here if you want to start). There is also weekly questions associated with this challenge that I plan to answer.


This week's question is:
How much do book reviews influence your decision to acquire and/or read a book?


This is a tough to decide, because I will often add books to my TBR list based on reviews of books I read on the blogs I follow. So if I read a negative review of a book I hadn't heard of before, I probably won't add it to my list, but if they review a book very positively, I probably will. But, with that said if I hear about a book from another source, maybe a recommendation from a friend, then a poor review of the book most likely would not deter me from reading it. So I think the answer is that it depends on whether or not I had already decided to read the book prior to reading a review for it. 


Also, as a little update on my progress, I'm still working on my first book for the challenge, which is Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi. I'm pretty neutral about this book, so I'm looking forward to finishing it and moving on to the next one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment