Friday 30 September 2011

Blog Hop (4) and Follow Friday (2)

This weeks Book Blogger Hop is available here (and for those who don't know what it is, she explaines it as well!)


Book Blogger Hop




The question is: “In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?” Click here for 2010-11 list in PDF format. You can also click HERE to view past years and choose from any of those titles!


To be honest, I had to peruse the lists, because to my knowledge, we don't get a lot of books banned here in Canada. I remember having our 6th grade teacher read "Underground to Canada" out loud in class, and I would say that's probably banned in some places. When I was reading over the list, I was so surprised! Things like the 4th Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants book - seriously!! Some of them I wanted to pick for this just because I couldn't believe they were there! But, I eventually settled on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire because that is my favorite book from my favorite series. As a side note, these lists make me want to punch out a lot of parents. Sorry if that offends you. I presume I will now find my blog on the Banned Blogs list, if such a think exists.


For my Follow Friday Fix, I went to Alisoncanread.com this week and you can too by clicking here





This week's question is:

What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?


This is a pretty tough question! I chose "How I Paid for College" by Marc Acito because it is a HILARIOUS book, and would make a great movie. There are quite a few characters in it, and its been awhile since I read it, but I'll do my best to cast it (also, you may need to adjust age a little bit, I sometimes forget that stars get older...)

Edward - Jay Baruchel
Paula - Selena Gomez
Kelly - Ashley Tisdale
Natie - Kevin McHale
Doug - Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Ziba - Megan Fox
Edward's father Al - Jon Hamm
Edward's Stepmother Dagmar - Gwyneth Paltrow

9 comments:

  1. Never heard of that book, sounds great though!

    New follower!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone has the right to tell people what they can read or not. Those parents should worry about their own kids rather than everyone else's!

    I picked The Hunger Games.
    Kt
    A Book Obsession..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read that book, I like funny books though!

    My Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I've never read that book, but it must be good! I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt :) Great pick!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't pick a favorite from the ALA list. So I listed the ones I've read. Please come see what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Selena Gomez! haha she's adorable.

    I kind of want to read this book now, just to see why you chose the cast you did. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I haven't heard of How I Paid for College. Just from the title, it sounds like it would be a funny book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, I want to punch some parents too! And I'm a parent.

    New follower!

    My Hop: Mom Reads My Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never even heard of that books. Sounds like it was a funny book. New follower. Here's my FF for the week

    http://livredeamour-booksoflove.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-thursfriday_29.html

    ReplyDelete