Saturday 4 August 2012

July Wrap Up - 2012 Reading Challenge

This month I read and posted about 5 books which fit the requirements of this challenge. They are:

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3)
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)

Also, as part of this months wrap up, Rie at Mission to Read has made a challenge as well. It is:

Challenge:

Take any two international covers and compare them. Chose your favorite out of the two.

*For a bonus tell me what Olympics event is your favorite.

ivegotyorunumber
The book I chose to compare is Sophie Kinsella's 'I've Got Your Number.' I chose this book for two reasons, 1: I have seen both of these covers because I am subscribed to Ms. Kinsella on Facebook, and 2: I haven't read this book yet, so I'm giving them a comparison without knowing which fits the story better. So, I actually like different things about both of them. I like the text on the from of the US/Canada one, because it looks like text messages, which is kind of cool, as the book is about a phone number (I'm guessing). However I like the person on the US/Aus cover because it shows a bit more of the main character (opposed to just a silhouette). Overall, however I do like the US/Can cover better because I like the colours and the style of it. It;s more than just a girl on the cover of a book, which so many books are.

And, I'm not a huge Summer Olympics person, however the question doesn't say 'Summer' so, my favorite Olympic sport is, hands-down, hockey.

I hope everyone had a productive month, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment