Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer



Goodreads Summary: Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in "Eclipse," and the darker side of the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.


Why I Read This Book: I am neither a huge lover or hater of Twilight, I took them for what they were, liked them, and moved on with my life. I liked them enough that I thought this book was worth a read based on how short it is. I also had read Midnight Sun prior to this, and thought I might be as pleasantly surprised by this as I was by that.


Review: Being pleasantly surprised did not happen. I did not enjoy this book very much at all. The only part of it I liked was the re-telling of the meadow fight from Bree's point of view. I think I didn't like it because I just didn't care about Bree. For some reason Meyer took a liking to this character, and wanted to develop her further, but I did not. I hardly remember her from the Eclipse book, really just the brief scene from the movie, and I still think she only stands out there because she reminds me of actress from The Vampire Diaries who plays Anna... Anyway, the book just lacked an interesting story, I didn't care for any of the characters, and Meyer isn't a such a fantastic writer that it doesn't matter (like, say, J.K. Rowling). The draw of the Twilight series for me was the Cullens, and Bree just doesn't matter.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment