Saturday 18 February 2012

Naked In Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb

Goodreads Summary: It is the year 2058, and technology now completely rules the world. But New York City Detective Eve Dallas knows that the irresistible impulses of the human heart are still ruled by just one thing-passion. 

When a senator's daughter is killed, the secret life of prostitution she'd been leading is revealed. The high-profile case takes Lieutenant Eve Dallas into the rarefied circles of Washing-ton politics and society. Further complicating matters is Eve's growing attraction to Roarke, who is one of the wealthiest and most influential men on the planet, devilishly handsome... and the leading suspect in the investigation.

Why I Read This Book: I had some reservations about beginning this behemoth of a series, as it is over 30 books in and still going, but someone who`s judgement in books I trust said she likes it, so I thought I would start picking away at them.


Review: Although I did enjoy this book, it was a little slow getting into. I didn't find the story got interesting until almost half way through the book. Also, I found some things about the future setting under explained. However, I did like it enough that I will read the next one at least, so that's something. I'm not a crime novel reader traditionally, so it was nice to try something else. I have also never read any Nora Roberts (J.D. Robb is Nora Roberts) so it was also nice to get introduced to her somewhat as well. I liked this book, and I'm, looking forward to reading the next, but there are a few that I'm more exited about that I will read first. For this reason I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads, however their rating style is a bit different there, so I will give it 3.5


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment