Thursday 18 October 2012

Netflix Owns My Life

Hello Everyone! If you are a TV lover, then I hope you will read on! Today's post is going to be about the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me. It is:


Seriously, I freaking LOVE my Netflix subscription! For such a low price, I have access to TONS of TV shows, both new and old that I am just soaking up! Some of the ones that have been taking up the majority of my time recently are:


Breaking Bad: This show is about a high school chemistry teacher who gets diagnosed with cancer and needs to find a way to pay for treatments, and also have money to support his family in case he dies. He teams up with one of his old students, who is somewhat of a junkie and they start cooking meth.

This show is sooo good. They only have up to the end of Season 4 on Netflix, and I'm hoping they put the episodes that have aired for Season 5 on there soon! It's sooo addicting, crazy stuff is constantly happening!


Sons of Anarchy: This show is about a motorcycle club in California who goes to great lengths to keep crime, drugs, and other undesirables out of the town they live in, Charming.

This show is so great! I love it. I just finished all they have on Netflix (which is up to the end of Season 3) and I think I might go out an buy Season 4, because it is just sooo good!! I love it!
Today was a pretty sad day for me and SAMCRO (Sons of Anarchy Motocycle Club, Redwood Originals) though. I was stupid and 'liked' them on Facebook, and this morning when I was scrolling through my newsfeed, the Facebook fan club had posted something about season 5 (currently airing on TV) that was a HUGE spoiler for me!! I'm really mad that I know about it!!


30 Rock: This is a show about the filming of a fictional show at NBC Studios, located at 30 Rockefeller Center. The fake show is an improve acting / skit comedy show (sort of like SNL) and the real show surrounds the main writer, Liz Lemon, her boss Jack Donaghy, the main actors in the show Tracy Jordon and Jenna Moroney, a few other writers, and the page Kenneth.

This show is great when you only have a little bit of time, because each episode is only about 20 minutes long. Its so funny. We recently went on a trip to NYC and we did the page tour of the Rockefeller Center, so when we came back we started watching this show, which occasionally reminds us of the tour we took, which is kind of cool. If you like outrageous humour and/or sitcoms, then this is a great one.

The last one I will talk about in detail is:

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: This show is about a teenage girl named Buffy who is the latest 'Slayer'. She was chosen to battle vamires, demns, etc. to protect the town of Sunnydale. She is aided by a Watcher, Giles, and a group of loyal, helpful friends (Xander, Willow, Cordelia, Oz) who help her with each episodes otherworld task. She even gets some support from a helpful vampire, Angel, who also serves as her love interest.

This show is an oldie, but a goodie. I'm really not sure how I missed the Buffy train when I wa growing up, but I did, so even though it seems a little cheesy now, I'm loving Buffy. I'm somewhere in Season 3 right now.

Other shows I'm occasionally watching on Netflix are:
I'm still in Season 1, but this one is good!
Even though this is over, I'm loyal with my TV
watching, and will see the series to the end.
This show is hilarious, and raunchy, but I love it!
There are some other less notable ones that I watch pretty infrequently. Maybe soon I will post about the shows I actually watch when they air - that'd a pretty long list too :)

Let me know if you are a big TV fan, and which shows you watch!! No TV spoilers though please! Nothing is more crushing than finding out something good because of the internet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment