Thursday 7 June 2012

May Wrap Up - 2012 TBR Reading Challenge

Again, I am a tad late getting my monthly wrap up post done, but only by a week, so that's not too bad. I did a lot more reading in May than I accomplished in April, so I'm happy about that. I also finished quite a few books this past week that I will post about during June, so that will make it into the next wrap up. We have been having some dreary weather, so I have felt much more like reading than writing, so I guess that's why I'm a little late. The books I read this month that counted toward the challenge are:

  • The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) 


I also read one book that doesn't count, because it's been released this year, and that is: Hana by Lauren Oliver. I have a few more which I have read but either didn't get them posted about during May, or haven't posted about them yet, so June should be a good month on the blog too!

For this month's challenge, we are looking for a cover that is pretty much a train wreck. The worst cover I could come up with was this one:
Sisterhood Everlasting (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, #5)

I have a serious hate for this cover. The previous Travelling Pants covers have been good (if you don't count the movie related ones) and this one is stupid. The cover says basically nothing about the book. You wouldn't even know this is a book about more than one main character. There is nothing poorly photoshopped and nothing ugly about this cover, but I HATE it. I don't know what I would have done differently, but this book was sort of an epic conclusion to a series that a lot of people liked, and they shouldn't have botched the cover of the last book like this.

Happy Reading, and enjoy your start to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment