Saturday 30 June 2012

June Wrap Up - 2012 Reading Challenge

Wow! We are half way there! I just reviewed the official challenge list I posted (here) when I first signed up for this challenge, and out of 40 I still have 28 to read... not quite halfway :S

BUT... I have made progress in many other areas of my TBR list, and in fact June appears to be my best month yet! So, without further adieu, the books I read this month for the challenge:
The Debutante DivorceeFifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Good GirlsClub Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)The Perks of Being a WallflowerCity of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

Seven challenge books! Amazing! It's hard to believe that Fifty Shades of Grey wasn't written this year based on all the hype, but it wasn't. Not sure about the sequels to it... No hurry to read them, so no matter.

Anyway, I have been having a great month reading. There are two other books which I have also finished however haven't posted about yet, and that is The Millenuim Trilogy by Steig Larsson and Bumped by Megan McCaffery. They will have to be included in July.

Included in this month's wrap up was to include a sentence about camping from the following words:

List 1                           List 2                          List 3   
tent                              hole                            bear
raft                               cold                            eagle
canteen                       limp                            raccoon
fire wood                     moonlight                   squirrel
cooler                          Dr. Pepper                 puppy
thermos                       bathroom                   snake
sleeping bag                small                          fish


I think we get extra points for creativity! So, here is mine:


Before the camping trip, I filled my canteen with spiked Dr. Pepper in case I needed to scare off any rabid raccoon's.


I don't know if that makes any sense, but we'll go with it! Hope everyone had a great June and is making the most out of summer so far!


Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment