Friday 15 June 2012

Good Girls by Laura Ruby


Good Girls




Goodreads Summary: Audrey Porter is a "good girl": a good student, a great daughter, an amazing friend. She's also the last person anyone expects to be hanging out with Luke DeSalvio, the hottest guy at Audrey's school. But Luke is a liar, a player, a dream, and Audrey knows it. She dumps him at her friend's Halloween party with no intention of looking back, but not before giving him one last goodbye gift... 
The next Monday, messages begin popping up on people's phones and email inboxes. Somebody has taken a picture of her and Luke together and soon everyone knows, including her teachers, her mum and her dad… Now she must discover strength she never knew he had, find friends where she didn't think she would, and learn that life goes on – no matter how different it is to how you think it's going to be.

Why I Read This Book: One of my friends started reading this on Goodreads, and I added it to my TBR list without too much though. Since I am now trying to clean that list up, I got the ebook of this for super cheap, and... well, that's pretty much all there was!


Review: I liked this book, probably even a little bit more than I expected to. The topic wasn't overly heavy, but I could really connect with the way that Audrey felt about having the whole school talking about you. It happens, or you see it happen, in high school all the time. The author did a really good job of making you really feel for Audrey, all I wanted for her was good things, I really felt like she was my friend. Which to me signals fabulous writing! If I had a daughter in high school, I would definitely give her this book to read. Audrey, and her group of friends, are honest, decent girls, who yes, have made mistakes while growing up, but everyone does, and this book shows that you know what, you will survive, and learn, and grow even when you screw up.

Rating: I gave it 3.5 on Goodreads, and I think that if this book was more age appropriate for me, I would have rated it even higher. Here, after I have had a little more time to reflect I think it deserves 4, so:

No comments:

Post a Comment