Wednesday 16 May 2012

Reading and Watching Wednesday

For this week, I'm going to compare 'Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging' with the movie 'Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging'
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #1)Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging Poster

I read this book a number of years ago on a complete whim purchase from the book store, and it has ended up being one of the most LOL series' I have ever read (and I still have only read the first 5-6 of 10 books). Then, about 4 years later I had a roommate who had the books as well (before book blogging, I had never met someone else who knew about them) and she asked me if I saw the movie.

Hold up - There's a Movie????

Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!!!!!!!

So, I watched this movie, and it was only kinda funny. It was also only kinda funny because I had relatively no expectations about it, because 5 mins after I found out it existed, I was watching it. If I had had more time to become even remotely excited about this movie, I think I would have hated it.
Some notable difference are:
-They make Robbie younger in the movie (which is maybe a good thing).
-They make Georgia and her friends less awkward 14-years-old funny, and more OMG shoot these people in the face annoying.
-The ending is different, there is a big birthday party at a club or something like that (it's been awhile, and I can't be bothered to Google for a memory refresh)

The main difference though is its sort of missing that Georgia narrative charm that made the books so amazing. The main stuff is there, its just not the same as real time acting as it is in Georgia's journals.

This is a 10 book series, and to the best of my knowledge this is the only movie made, and its probably for the best.

Verdict: The book is better by a long shot. The books are such quick reads that it not even worth the time to watch the movie, just grab the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment