Monday 1 July 2013

June Wrap Up - Half Done!!

Oh wow, I cannot believe that the year is half done already! I have accomplished a lot so far this year, but not much of it has been bookish!
- wrote the CMA Entrance Exam
- completed another course toward my MBA, and started another last week
- got back into going to the gym
- started running and training for a 10 mile road race
- went to Chicago
- booked and planned 2 vacations (Vegas & Disney)
- working towards my 30 before 30 list!
busy busy!

But, I have been reading a little bit too, so just like with my quarterly wrap up I think its best to take a look at my original challenge lists and see how I'm doing!


Challenge #1:  2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

1) Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
2) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
3) Matched - Ally Condie
4) Life of Pi - Yann Martel finished January 23/13
5) Remember Me? - Sophie Kinsella
6) Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen finished February 24/13
7) The Constant Princess - Phillipa Gregory
8) Something Borrowed - Emily Giffin
9) Gone - Michael Grant
10) The Maze Runner - James Dashner finished June 18/13
11) Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor finished April 21/13
12) Twenties Girl - Sophie Kinsella
13) Forever - Judy Blume
14) Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
15) Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
16) The Nanny Diaries - Emma McLaughlin
17) The Guernsey Literacy and Potato Peel Pie Society - Annie Barrows  finished May 30/13
18) One For the Money - Janet Evanovich finished April 22/13
19) On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta
20) Learning to Fly - Victoria Beckham
Ok, so this one isn't going so hot 6/20 books. Which is extra disgraceful because half of these books were ones I never got to from the 2012 TBR Reading Challenge List! I have 15 books on my Summer Reading List, and 5 of those are on this list, which is pretty good. I hate to say it, but I'm guessing some of these will end up on my 2014 list...

Challenge #2: A-Z Book Challenge

A: The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson finished June 25, 2013
B: Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz (double points!..Scattergories, anyone??)
C: City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare finished February 26/13
D: The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank
E: Eragon - Christopher Paolini
F: Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk
G: Girls in White Dresses - Jennifer Close
H: Hourglass - Myra McEntire
I: I am Number Four - Pittacus Lore finished May 23/13
J: Juliet, Naked - Nick Hornby
K: The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness
L: The Luxe - Anna Godberson
M: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs 
Finished April 5, 2013
N: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
O: Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
P: The Princess Bride - William Goldman
Q: Quidditch Through the Ages - J. K. Rowling
R: Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven #2) - Brandon Mull finished June 4, 2013
S: Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi Finished May 6, 2013
T: Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
U: Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi finished June 25, 2013
V: The Virgin Sucides - Jeffrey Eugenides
W: Wanderlove - Kristen Hubbard
X: Elixir - Hilary Duff
Y: Yearbook - Ally Condie
Z: Zombie Queen of Newbury High - Amanda Ashby

This list is also going terribly. 26 books here and I have read 7. Ouch. From my summer list I have 3, and that still won't get me to half. I'm not sure if I am going to do this challenge next year, but hopefully I can get most read from this year. Many of these books I'm just not that excited to read, and they only ended up here because they started with the right letter.

Challenge #3 - 2013 Paranormal Reading Challenge




January - Vampires - Marked by P.C. Cast Finished February 4, 2013 (just a few days late)
February - Angels/Nephilim - Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare Finished April 1, 2013
March - Fey - The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa Finished March 27, 2013
April - Demons - Daughter of Smoke and Bone - Laini Taylor finished April 21/13
May - Aliens - I am Number Four by Pitticus Lore finished May 23/13
June - Zombies - Feed by Mira Grant
July - Witches and Wizards - Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia
August - Mermaids - Aquamarine by Alice Hoffman
September - Dragons - Eragon Christpoher Paolini
October - Ghosts - Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendra Blake
November - Werewolves/Shape-shifters - Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater Changed to 'Stolen (Women of the Otherworld #2) by Kelley Armstrong' because Shiver was my January Book for a different challenge!
December - Time Travel - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Finally, one that I am mostly on track with! I haven't quite finished Feed, but I have started it and I am almost done. This challenge is going well.


Challenge #4 - 2013 Sequel Challenge



1) City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare finished February 26/13
2) Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare Finished April 1, 2013
3) Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead Finished May 3, 2013
4) A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin finished February 17, 2013
5) Glory In Death - J.D. Robb finished April 26, 2013
6) The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson
7) Shadow Souls - L.J. Smith
8) Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers - Louise Rennieson
9) Rise of the Evening Star - Brandon Mulfinished June 4, 2013
10) Isla and the Happily Ever After - Stephanie Perkins

This one is also going well, 6/10 at halfway through the year. One of these is on my summer list, which keeps me on track. This challenge list next year is going to be my longest, as I'm determined to get through some series' next year!

Challenge #5 - 2013 Sookie Stackhouse Reading Challenge


Book 4: Dead to The World Finished April 13, 2013
Book 5: Dead as a Doornail Finished May 11, 2013
Book 6: Definitely Dead

Again, this one is on track! I like vampire books in the fall, and I only planned to read 4 of these, so I will be able to finish pretty quickly in September or October!

Challenge #6 - Monthly Key Word Challenge

January: Shiver - Maggie Steifvater finished January 28, 2013
February: PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern finished March 12, 2013 (wee bit late...)
March: Be Careful What You Wish For - Alexandra Potter finished April 24, 2013
April: Shadow Kiss - Richelle Mead Finished May 3, 2013
May: Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi Finished May 6, 2013
June: Under The Never Sky - Veronica Rossi Finished June 27, 2013
July: Shadow Souls - L.J Smith
August: A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess
September: Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Cruz
October: Glory In Death - J.D. Robb finished April 26, 2013 ... crap I didn't realize this was October's book. I will have to read Immortal in Death instead
November: Forever - Judy Blume
December: The Princess Bride - William Goldman

And the last planned one is also on track. Apparently it is just long lists I have trouble with!! This should be no problem to finish by the end of the year.

The very last challenge is another one that isn't going so well... I copied this over on June 18, so it's not completely accurate at June 30, but I was 9 books behind then, and even though I have added two more read, now I'm 10 behind... 75 was a bit optimistic. I read 59 last year, maybe I shouldn't have tried for such a jump. Especially since I have been reading some really long books, like the Fire & Ice books.
2013 Reading Challenge
You have read 25 books toward your goal of 75 books.
At your current pace, you're 9 books (13%) behind schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment