Thursday 17 January 2013

Up In the Gym Just Workin' on my Fitness...

Hello! This week I am posting about something so far from the book realm that some people probably don't want to read it, but lately I have been getting back into going to the gym! Yay! I used to go somewhat regularly, but was never in good shape, so I kind of just gave up. Then I would promise myself I would get back into it, go a few times for a week, and then find excuses. But, for the past 2 weeks I have completely stuck to my guns about going, and this time actually feels different that all of my past, feeble attempts at a restart. I have been going with a co-work on our lunch breaks, and its great just to have some say "are we going today?" because I know I'm not going to say no! Then a few evenings I have even two-a-day-ed it and re-enforced what I did in the day with a few more reps later that night at home. I missed two gym sessions, but the 65cm of snow I helped shovel was a great back workout, and I also did a fantastic ab workout at home! I just find when I am on track with the gym, I eat better, I get more sleep, I drink more water, and I'm overall just a better me. I am doing a 12 week Jamie Eason program that I found online, which I then extensively modified to make sure it was in my capability and comfort level of what I can do at the gym. (I push those boundaries at home, but with only 30 minutes to get in and get it done at lunch, I need to know what I'm doing, how to do it, and feel confident that it's effective!) If your interested, my Week 1 - 3 are the same, looks like this: (PS, I'm technically on Week 2, but where the storm messed me up, I am just re-doing Week 1 again and technically will be doing this program for 13 weeks. I wanted to restart with Week 1 for 2 reasons, I didn't really give Week 1 my full weight lifting potential since I was just getting back into working out, and since my co-worker and I didn't do the second half of week 1 the way it is here, we both decided to do it again!)


Monday:
EXERCISE

 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
Bench Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Skull Crushers: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Triceps Kickbacks: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
S.S. With



Deltoid Raise: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Sitting Row: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Long Bar Bicep Curl: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Push Up: 3 sets of as many as you can do
S.S. With



Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 




Tuesday:
EXERCISE

 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Calf Raises on the Bosu Ball: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Hamstring Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Abductor: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Adductor : 3 sets of 10-15 reps 








Planks: 3 sets of as long as you can hold it 





Thursday:
EXERCISE

 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Assisted Dips: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



 Assisted Pull-ups: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








 Lateral Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



 Triceps Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








 Rope Pull: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



 Cable Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Bent Over Rows: 3 sets of 8-12 reps
S.S. With



Sitting Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 8-12 reps



Over Head Triceps Extensions: 3 sets of 8-12 reps




Friday:
EXERCISE

 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
Deadlift: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Bridges: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 








Bulgarian Squats: 3 sets of 8-12 reps per leg









Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 8-12 reps per leg









Seated Calf Raises: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 
S.S. With



Dumbbell Shrugs: 3 sets of 8-12 reps 





Yahoo! So much fun, right? Also, some of the names of exercises are probably not right, but I know what they mean! After these 12 weeks I'm going to hit my Jillian Michaels DVD for another 30, and then do the P90X program! That's a lot of home working out rather than the gym for those two, but who knows, I bet I'll change my mind 20 times during these 12 weeks of what to do next!

Anyway, just wanted to share what has recently become a big part of my day with everyone :) PS, I'm also going to post my TTT tonight, 2 days late... but whatever, I was really busy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment