Wednesday 14 March 2012

Desperately Wanting Wednesday


Desperatly Wanting Wednesday, hosted by Parajunkee's View
This is a weekly feature hosted by Parajunkee over at Parajunkee.com where she lists some books she is wanting to read. I won't be participating in this every week, but I wanted to make a post about this for this week, because I am desperately just wanting to be READING right now!! I have a very big stack, and a lot of ebooks ready to go, and just no time to get to them. I wanted to highlight some older books that I missed when the hype was hot that I'm still dying to read, and also some new-ish ones that I can't wait to get my hands on!
Of course, no particular order :)
**warning, some of these are VERY old, but I may have recently gotten into the series, or am recently absorbed in a genre that I hadn't read much of for quite a few years**


I recently finished with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and I am dying to get to this book. It is on my night table, and I look at it every day, but I have papers to write, and tests to study for, and OMG it's killing me, I need to read this book!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) 

This book was all over blogs a few months ago, and I love the sounds of it, but just haven't gotten to it. I have the ebook which a friend sent me, along with a recommendation, but I haven't even loaded it onto my Kobo yet, I have no idea why.

Before I Fall 

This book is one I am still seeing many bloggers do reviews of, even now. I recently finished Delirium and am a fan of Oliver's writing from that, so I definitely want to get to this one soon.

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) 

And speaking of both Oliver and Delirium, I am seriously drooling over starting to read this book. I even pre-ordered it, and it came about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't touched it (except to gawk at the cover for a few minutes, and then put it back on my night table). I'm so excited for it, but I know I will need to READ it once I start, and I've only had time to pick recently. Boo.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) 

With Season 1 of the TV version of this being recently released on Blue Ray, and I ring in so many people buying it (I work part-time at Best Buy) my interest has been re-sparked for this series, and I'm really excited to get it started. It has like 4 big books already though, so I think that's why I have been putting it off.

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) 

With True Blood's next season already starting to be promoted, and the newest book having been recently on people's blog's, I'm reminded that I have only read two of these books so far. I like them, but I don't love them. However, I am a very faithful reader, and I want to get back onto this series, if only so that I see it thorough. I owe it at least 2 more books before I make up my mind though. I had a hard time getting into The Vampire Diaries books, but when I finally started separating the books and the show, I enjoyed them A LOT more. I'm hoping for the same thing with this series.

"...Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #6) 

I love this series for a light, hilarious read. I want to finish them up though, I have been reading them on and off for years. I'm looking forward to starting the new Tallulah series she has similar to these.

Modelland (Modelland, #1) 

I have no idea why I want to read this so bad, but I do. I'm not a big Tyra fan or anything, but something about this book is really calling my name. Hopefully I will get to it (this year...)

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) 

Huge series in the blog world. I may be a little vampire-d out, but this one (and the next one) are series that I think sound really awesome, and I want to get into. There are a few other vamp series that I want to try too, but I have been reading a lot lately. Any recommendations for the best ones???

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) 

This is the other big vamp series' I want to get into. Again suggestions? 

Others are 
-Clockwork Angel (Cassandra Clare)
-Blue Bloods (Melissa de la Cruz)
-Jessica's Guide (Beth Fantaskey)
-Mortal Instruments (Cassandra Clare)
-Bloodlines (Richelle Mead)
-Vampire Chronicles (Anne Rice)
-House of Night (P.C. Cast)
-etc

How does one chose the best vamps??

Beauty Queens 

This was another book very popular around the blog world a little while ago, it intrigued me, but I didn't buy it for quite awhile. Now that I have it, it seems lower on my priority list, but I should change that.

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) 

Another popular one in blog-land, and a series that sounds so good, I just haven't found the time. Much is the case for the following books:
Water for Elephants The Luxe (Luxe, #1)Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)Twenties GirlShatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)Bumped

Glory in Death (In Death, #2) 

This series was a big choice for me, I wanted to start it, but it is such a behemoth that I wasn't sure trying to catch up was even worth it at this point, BUT I read the first one, and it was pretty good, so I will have to keep going with it now. Book 37 just came out, so maybe in 5 years I'll be caught up?! haha

Anyway, I could seriously go on for days with this list, so I will stop here, but thinking about how much there is to read, and things that keep coming out (another I could add is Sophie Kinsella's new book) I actually get stressed about how much I want to read. I need to quit my job and blog/read full time. Sounds like a happy life!!

2 comments:

  1. First of all: Don't you just love Wednesdays? It's probably my favourite day of the entire week! :)

    And those are all such awesome books! You definitely have to get to Pandemonium soon -- that book was SO AMAZING! It was intense and sweet at the same time, and I actually loved the new boy more than I thought I would! The Iron Fey series is also made of awesome and you should definitely check it out soon, when you get the time!

    I hope you have a fantastic day, Jess! :)

    ReplyDelete